CLOUDY BAY CLAMS WITH WHITE MISO, CHILLI & GINGER
60 Clams (Diamond Shell, Tua Tua & Moon Shell)
1 Tbsp Sesame oil
2 Tbsp Olive oil
2 Shallots (Peeled + finely sliced)
1 Red chilli (Thinly sliced)
Thumb size piece of Ginger (Peeled and sliced)
3 Garlic cloves (Peeled + thinly sliced)
4 Tbsp Chinese cooking wine
1 Tbsp White miso paste
3 Tbsp Soy sauce
2 Lime (Zest and juice)
4 Spring onions (Finely sliced)
Bunch of Coriander (Roughly chopped)
- Place a heavy based pot with a tight fitting lid onto high heat.
- Add the sesame and olive oils, as well as the shallots, garlic, ginger and chilli.
- Cook gently for 3 minutes , stirring occasionally then add the white miso paste.
- Add the cooking wine and soy. Bring back to the boil and add the tua tua and cover with the lid.
- Cook clams for 3 minutes and remove lid to check. Remove any open clams and place to one side.
- Once all clams are open remove them from the pot and place to one side.
- Reduce liquid by ½ and add the coriander, spring onions, lime zest and juice.
- Add clams back to the pot and toss to combine. Taste and season if desired.
- Serve with steamed jasmine rice for an easy, fresh, healthy and delicious dinner.
Recipe courtesy of Bradley Hornby of Arbour Dining